0433 499 9444
Looking for the best driving school in Wollongong? Then you can’t look past Drivetime Driving School!
Driveway safety -They're counting on you.
Transport NSW Centre for Road Safety is an excellent source of information for Wollongong learner drivers.
Their campaign to protect young children in driveways gives us the following information and advice.
On average, more than five children are killed and 47 seriously injured in driveways each year across Australia.
In NSW, six children have been killed and 15 seriously injured in driveways since January 2013.
Simple steps can make all the difference.
Step 1 SUPERVISE
- When children are around driveways, they should be actively supervised by an adult who is holding their hand.
- Ensure that young children are placed securely in a vehicle before moving it.
Step 2 SEPARATE
- Treat the driveway like a road. Do not let children use the driveway as a play area.
- Separate children’s play spaces from garages and driveways.
- Home design features can help, including fences, high handles on garage doors and self-closing doors or gates.
Step 3 SEE
- All vehicles have blind spots.
- While reversing sensors and cameras can assist with reducing blind spots, it can be difficult to notice a small child until it is too late.
- It is important not to become complacent.
- Drivers should get into the habit of walking around their vehicle before starting it, especially when leaving an area where a young child could be present.
Call or text Drivetime 0433 499 944 to book your driving lesson and your Drivetime driving instructor will help you to build these important skills and prepare you for safe driving and your licence test.